jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Francisco Carriedo Scher <fcarrie...@gmail.com>
Subject GC and performance
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2012 17:15:27 GMT
Hello!

I am running JR in the following environment, a file is saved on a
repository and then copied to another one through a GET method (the same
way a FileInputStream can be provided, an InputStream comming from the HTTP
connection). Memory, bandwitdh and CPU are enough and powerful, and it
iniatilly completes about 15 / 16 transactions as described. But after an
hour it comes down to 8-10 and after one hour more it keeps on 1-2.

I am not running garbage collection as i assumed it does affect only to the
space on disk, not the persistence manager, but looking about possible
causes of such degradation on performance, misunderstanding the GC role
could be an argument.

Could anyone please state if not running the GC does affect further than
the space on disk?

Thanks for your time, regards!