jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Rob Bone <lonewolf....@googlemail.com>
Subject Files on the filesystem?
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 08:48:15 GMT
Hi guys,

I am new to JCR and Jackrabbit so please forgive my ignorance, but I have
created a test project and I am using Jackrabbit with a FileSystem
persistence manager, and it appears to store the data in binary files on
the filesystem, correct? But can it store the content itself on the
filesystem?

What I am looking for is a way to essentially  have files on the file
system (so I can access them from say, explorer if I want to) but have my
program manipulate them through Jackrabbit, with authentication,
authorization etc all handled by the JCR. Is this possible with Jackrabbit?

Thanks for your time, it is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rob