jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From pjm56 <hermes.pj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OCM and general NoSQL confusion
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 13:10:47 GMT
Hi Ard,

Thanks for getting back to me.

> My gut instinct is that Jackrabbit OCM, with JCR annotations, is a way to
> > do this.
>
> Opinions do divert here a bit I guess : Some think plain JCR should be
> enough and rather refrain from OCM.

How would I go about using "plain JCR"? - I've seen some other people talk
about this, but I am not sure I really understand what they mean.  Can you
point me to an example?

I am trying to free as much time as I can to work on the OCM branch,
> and hope to be able to tag a 2.x version next week

Cool, thanks.  So what is the currently state of the art?  Is it the 1.4
JAR that I saw in Maven central, or should I be using the source directly
and compiling my own classes?

All the best,
James