jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: OCM and general NoSQL confusion
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2012 14:15:52 GMT
On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM, pjm56 <hermes.pjm56@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ard,
>
> Thanks for getting back to me.
>
>> My gut instinct is that Jackrabbit OCM, with JCR annotations, is a way to
>> > do this.
>>
>> Opinions do divert here a bit I guess : Some think plain JCR should be
>> enough and rather refrain from OCM.
>>

> How would I go about using "plain JCR"? - I've seen some other people talk
> about this, but I am not sure I really understand what they mean.  Can you
> point me to an example?

The jsr-170 and jsr-283 should get you completely up & running. First
100 pages of jsr-170 are very simple (will take you couple of hours)
and then you are a jcr expert ;)

> I am trying to free as much time as I can to work on the OCM branch,
>> and hope to be able to tag a 2.x version next week
>>

> Cool, thanks.  So what is the currently state of the art?  Is it the 1.4
> JAR that I saw in Maven central, or should I be using the source directly
> and compiling my own classes?

Hmm good point. Well, as said, I hope to get a tag ready next week. I
would opt for checking out the OCM trunk [1] and build it locally. Use
that one, and next, week, switch to the tag

Regards Ard

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/commons/ocm/trunk

--
Amsterdam - Oosteinde 11, 1017 WT Amsterdam
Boston - 1 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02142

US +1 877 414 4776 (toll free)
Europe +31(0)20 522 4466
www.onehippo.com