jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Special characters in JCR Node names
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 08:18:05 GMT
On 2012-06-28 09:57, Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 10:37 PM, juser <jchacko@maned.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone know the list of special characters not allowed in Jackrabbit
>> node names?
>> For example, when we use a node name like {}*|[]:/   all the characters
>> except {} are escaped.
>>
>> {m is not accepted as a node name and it rerturns a Repository exception
>> like "Failed to resolve path {m relative to node /pnode/bnode".
>>
>> But m} is accepted as a nodename, and doesn't throw any exceptions.
>>
>> Could you please list out the special characters disallowed in Jackrabbit
>> repository?
>
> see [0].
>
> if a name starts with a '{' the name is expected to be in the
> 'Expanded Form'. see [1].

That is misleading. "{" is only special when the name conforms to the
expanded name ABNF, so it MUST be followed by a URI and a "}". That's
why we could introduce the notation in JCR 2.0 in the first place (all
previously legal names stay valid).

I believe this is simply a bug in Jackrabbit.

Best regards, Julian