jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Stolpmann <stolpm...@verit.de>
Subject Re: jcr sql2 - contains() full text search not working
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 17:50:21 GMT
Hi Carl,

per default the underlying Lucene implementation does not match leading
wildcards for performance reasons. See also:
https://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#What_wildcard_search_support_is_available_from_Lucene.3F

So just matching '*' will not work, but eg. 'i*' might give you the
results you were looking for.

Sadly enough I did not find any reference to this in the JackRabbit
documentation.

Took me quite a while to find that too.

Hope this helps,

Torsten