jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Mark Herman <MHer...@NBME.org>
Subject Re: Question : Is there any limit on node dimension?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 22:33:40 GMT

Di Simone Maria Nicole wrote

> Hi everybody,
> is there a limit or any best pratice for node dimensions?
> In my project someone would like to store very big documents (1GB) but
> I don't agree with this idea.
> Is there any raccomandation about this topic?

What persistence manager do you plan on using?  The default uses whatever
file system you're on, which can probably handle 1gb files without an issue.
I wouldn't be surprised if some sql server implementations don't react well
to being loaded with a bunch of 1gb files.

Do you expect lucene to be indexing the content of this file?  In my
experience, the indexer is fairly non-invasive so I wouldn't expect it to
hurt the server.  I've never thrown something at it that big though.

Either way you should watch the jvm memory, not sure how much jr needs to
store in memory or if it can stream straight to the persistence manager.