jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring Logging
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 03:24:03 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 12:27 AM, Gonzalo Vasquez <gvasquez@altiuz.cl> wrote:
> Can anyone provide me a link to a tutorial or similar on configuring JackRabbits logging
facilites?

Jackrabbit by default uses Logback for logging. See
http://logback.qos.ch/ for documentation on how to configure it.

Since all Jackrabbit logging goes to Logback through SLF4J, you also
switch to another logging library as described in
http://www.slf4j.org/.

> I'd like to log all "CRUD" like operations to the repository.

In 2.4 the best place to log such things is probably the SessionState
class that issues a DEBUG log of most JCR-level operations you're
performing. Or you can look at enabling more detailed logging of
specific SessionOperation classes in Jackrabbit. However, neither of
these approaches is really a "CRUD" log like I assume you're
expecting.

In the latest trunk (and the unstable 2.5.0 release that should be out
later this week) you can also use the new "audit log" feature as
described in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-3275. Or you
can consider adding application-level logging for this purpose.

BR,

Jukka Zitting