jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "De Georges, Adrien" <Adrien.DeGeor...@experian.com>
Subject RE: Migrate JCR repositories
Date Wed, 23 May 2012 07:55:39 GMT
Hi Jukka,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I unfortunately didn't see it before.
The way objects are stored in the repository have changed. So we have
the need to "migrate" the old versions of nodes in version history and
changing their structure. So this is our use case, and I think there is
no solution for this.

Regards,

Adrien

-----Original Message-----
From: Jukka Zitting [mailto:jukka.zitting@gmail.com]
Sent: 16 May 2012 02:25
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Migrate JCR repositories

Hi,

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 3:54 PM, De Georges, Adrien
<Adrien.DeGeorges@experian.com> wrote:
> I wanted to develop a routine to migrate some nodes in a repository
> (removing and modifying some properties). But I am pretty sure it is
> not possible to modify nodes in the version history. Is there existing

> solution to do so?

Nodes in the version history are frozen by definition, so the best you
can do is remove versions whose contents are no longer relevant.

What's your use case of modifying old versions?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential, and may not be copied or used
by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third party without our permission.
There is no intention to create any legally binding contract or other binding commitment through
the use of this electronic communication unless it is issued in accordance with the Experian
Limited standard terms and conditions of purchase or other express written agreement between
Experian Limited and the recipient. Although Experian has taken reasonable steps to ensure
that this communication and any attachments are free from computer virus, you are advised
to take your own steps to ensure that they are actually virus free.

Companies Act information: Registered name: Experian Limited. Registered office: Landmark
House, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ, United Kingdom. Place of registration:
England and Wales. Registered number: 653331