jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Malzer Ferdinand OSP sIT <Ferdinand.Mal...@s-itsolutions.at>
Subject AW: AW: AW: AW: remove read-access for everyone from a principal ACL based workspace
Date Fri, 18 May 2012 06:57:26 GMT
hello angela,
I tried different variations of security configurations but find no solution that works for
us.
we would need a configration, where users are defined outside a workspace (e.g. as it works
with the DefaultSecurityManager) but where ACLs are managed in the particular workspace (users
could have different access-rights for different workspaces).

is there a possibilty to implement the behaviour needed by overriding some methods of the
DefaultSecurityManager or is there now way for such a solution?

best regards
ferry

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Angela Schreiber [mailto:anchela@adobe.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 11. Mai 2012 10:57
An: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: remove read-access for everyone from a principal ACL based workspace

hi ferry

ok... i assume everything is fine when it comes to access control
enforced on items but your user isn't allowed to access the workspace.
since the workspace isn't an item in the repo it needs some special
handling.

in the current jackrabbit-core this is controlled by a separate
WorkspaceAccessManager. there are a few implementations in jackrabbit
core (see below) and again it's configurable. if i remember correctly
it's part of the SecurityManager configuration of the repository.
something like

<Repository>
    <SecurityManager class=...>
       <WorkspaceAccessManager class="..." />

the following implementations are part of jackrabbit core:

a SimpleWorkspaceAccessManager: dummy implementation that always
   returns true
b default implementation in DefaultSecurityManager: allows true if
   the root node is accessible. that was the first try but it turned
   out that this wasn't really meeting our own requirements.
c default implementation in UserPerWorkspaceSecurityManager: it is
   granting access to a given user if the latter is present in the
   workspace.... that one doesn't work with the default setup on b
   unless the users are stored in the same workspace (instead of that
   extra workspace for users that we had at that initial stage when
   b) was built.

you may check which version you are having in your setup and possible
reconfigure it to something that meets your needs.

hope that helps
angela

On 5/11/12 8:39 AM, Malzer Ferdinand OSP sIT wrote:
> hello angela,
> we have done one more test.
>
> we created a new workspace with the ' omit-default-permission '.
> we checked the acl's of the workspace with the admin user and everything was fine (no
everyone acl contained).

> after that we wanted to grant the user ferry read and write access to the workspace by
using the JackrabbitAccessControlManager.