jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit wiki - FrontPage links spammed
Date Thu, 31 May 2012 16:32:00 GMT

Hi Sean,

Thanks for finding this. This has been fixed in the meanwhile. It was a
leftover of an earlier spamming which slipped through. However this
shouldn't happen again since we now require write privileges for editing
the Wiki. Send a note to the @dev list if you need write privileges.

Michael

On 30.5.12 23:47, Sean Champ wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was visiting the Jackrabbit wiki, today, when I noticed that at the FrontPage, the
links for the respective JCR specs are not going to the JCR specs, now, but rather, appear
to have been spammed.

> I'm not aware of how to retrieve a history of the page, offhand, or I might be able to
fix the matter, immediately, myself..

which redirects to http://carinsurancecomparisonhelp.com/

> The JSR 170 link goes to http://www.oro-compro.com/ via http://tinyurl.com/cxoz8tb
>
> At that page, those appear to be the only two spammed links. Searching the Wiki - full
text - for tinyurl.com, the wiki's search engine returns only that FrontPage, so I presume
that that may be the only page affected as such.

> So, I wanted to make an advisory note to the mailing list, about the matter, in hope
that someone may be able to retrieve a history of the page and/or to restore those links onto
the respective JSR pages. It appears that I cannot perform that operation, myself, on that
immutable page. So, I wanted to send a note about it, at the least.