jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From rfr <ere...@gmail.com>
Date Fri, 11 May 2012 09:08:48 GMT
Hi!

In our projet, we have some custom types with a few reference
attributes. We tried to minimize the use of references but we could not
avoid them totally.

Our client wants a powerfull search function and the use of lucene in
jackrabbit helps us a lot. But we did not see a mean to configure
aggregates on referenced nodes.

What we would like is to be able to retrieve a node through a full text
search if another node, referenced by an attribute of the first node,
matches the full text search.

Example:

[dummy:a] < nt:unstructured

[dummy:b] < nt:base
- dummy:val (REFERENCE) < dummy:a

if a node "node1" of type dummy:b reference a node2 of type dummy:a
which dummy:val attributes is set to "hello", we would like to configure
the indexing to allow a fulltext search with the value "hello" to return
node1.

Is it possible directly? If not, is there a way to hook the indexing
feature to allow our code to extract text from the referenced node for
the indexer?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

Fred