jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: AccessControll
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 09:42:52 GMT
hi

> So my conclusion with the first structure example is: "someuser" can remove
> any child of node /templates/templateall but not the node itself, is
> necesary to provide jcr:removeChildNodes acess no /templates to be able to
> do that.
> Is my conclusion correct?

yes that's correct. see JSR 283 section 16.2.3 Standard Privileges:

  "• jcr:removeChildNodes: The privilege to remove child nodes of
   a node.
   In order to actually remove a node requires jcr:removeNode on that
   node and jcr:removeChildNodes on the parent node. The distinction is
   provided in order to distinguish implementations that internally
   model a “remove” as a “delete” from those that model it as an
   “unlink”. A repository that uses the “delete” model can have
   jcr:removeChildNodes in every access control policy, so that removal
   is effectively controlled by jcr:removeNode. Conversely, a repository
   that uses the “unlink” model can have jcr:removeNode in every access
   control policy."

hope that helps
angela