jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Fabián Mandelbaum <fmandelb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCR application design
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 10:48:04 GMT
At first, we did use OCM, it wasn't JackRabbit's though, it was JCROM
(http://code.google.com/p/jcrom/).

But then, we went, and stayed with, "plain", done-by-hand, DAO
objects. We have one DAO for each business object, and those DAOs are
maintained by us, not by an automated OCM solution.

The reason is that we needed more control sometimes on the
(de-)serialization of objects, so we wrote our own DAOs.

JCROM did prove to be a very nice solution for "regular" business
applications, but ours has special needs. Maybe things changed now,
but we didn't look back.

Hope this helps. Good luck!