jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Francisco Carriedo Scher <fcarrie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Method to check healthy session?
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 20:19:39 GMT
Hi Jukka,

i was talking about the Webdav one. The scenario is the following:

1) The repository is deployed and running within a JBoss 7 AS
2) There are client sessions operating it through Webdav
3) Suddenly the repository is undeployed (or the server shutdown)
4) The session.isLive() and session.refresh(true) methods return true (and
no exception arises) despite the repository being not accessible anymore

Anyway, session.save()  method does effectively throw an exception and then
re-obtaining the repository object and the session can be performed, but
under heavy load that leads to lots of TCP connections in TIME_WAIT state...

Is there a better way to check the repository to be up and getting a new
session if needed?

If a better explanation is needed please, do not hesitate asking for it!

Thank you very much for your attention!

Regards.