jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: Several questions regarding the JCR API and Jackrabbit
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 11:19:28 GMT

On Apr 3, 2012, at 10:20 , <Sascha.Theves@bosch-si.com> <Sascha.Theves@bosch-si.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I have a few questions about the JCR API and the internals of Jackrabbit
> and I didn`t find an answer neither in the specification nor in the
> Jackrabbit wiki:
>

> 1)      How do I query for nodes with distinct property values? Imagine
> I have couple of nodes with the same property value and I want to query
> only for the distinct property values.

afaik there is no such feature in Jackrabbit.
modeshape has added this to their implemementation:
http://docs.jboss.org/modeshape/latest/manuals/reference/html/jcr-query-and-search.html#jcr-sql-query-language

more generally i would love to see facetting support (not only for distinct, but also to get
COUNT), which to some level the HippoCMS guys have implemented in their fork, which afaik
is based on 2.2

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org