jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Francisco Carriedo Scher <fcarrie...@gmail.com>
Subject JR Future idea
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:59:25 GMT
Hi there,

i wrote two posts last week

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jackrabbit-users/201203.mbox/ajax/%3CCAFWtOcMMPZC6zn9AGX3PBUM2%2BmAiEcibay%3DxfL2v6QDtzCoGYw%40mail.gmail.com%3E

and

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jackrabbit-users/201203.mbox/ajax/%3CCAFWtOcO3dpR0AQd3gpiuasa2d7MO45fxGn3YVXR3YMZt2iEyyw%40mail.gmail.com%3E

asking about issues related to saving the transfer of big binary values
when they are already present in the repository. I have been inspecting the
source code and i must confess that figuring the way the binary data
follows overcomes me a little bit... So to say, i tried to go from the
abstract point of view:

C: client side
S: server side

C: i want to publish the (large) file with hash 1234, already present?
S: no
THEN TRANSFER TAKES PLACE

C: i want to publish the (large) file with hash 1234, already present?
S: yes
THEN CREATE A LINK

I can imagine lots of questions to properly integrate this (efficient
methods for asking about the existence, for instance), but i really need
some (expertise) tips to do this... Let's say, an entry point...

By the way, just to clarify: would be a good (and efficient) solution
defining a custom node type (with some additional properties, being one the
hash of the content) and then querying normally the repository? Depending
on the query result, create a nt:file or a nt:linkedFile... Would this be a
solution?

Thanks for your attention!