jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Francisco Carriedo Scher <fcarrie...@gmail.com>
Subject Options to query the repository
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2012 18:40:52 GMT
Hi there,

i would like to know the options to query the repository - when using the
filesystem datastore - about the SHA-1-hash-based folder structure (in
order to determine if a concrete file is already present through the hash).
I think that this is an implementation detail and, as such, it will be
hidden to the client side and managed by Jackrabbit.

Anyway, on the chance it is not possible to do this directly, might such
info be obtained through the regular search facilities built in Jackrabbit?
I mean now, setting the hash of a persisted file as a property of the
corresponding node and then querying the repository to know if such
property is already present with a concrete value or not. But i am afraid
that the problem here would be the search cost (would it become lineal?),
does anybody know the O() of the operation i am asking about?.

If the search engine of Jackrabbit deals not efficiently with the kind of
seeking i am describing, would suffice a simple servlet that queries the
underlying tables mantained by the persistence manager about the existence
of the hash included in the server side and answers true/false? Would this
be a proper workaround? My guessing is it is not, but i would like to hear
something from more experienced people with Jackrabbit.

Finally, any other alternative?

Thanks for your attention in advance!