jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Mark Herman <MHer...@NBME.org>
Subject Re: setPolicy requires checkout?
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 20:07:03 GMT

Angela Schreiber-2 wrote

>> I'd like to make an ACL modification without creating a new version.
>> Any ideas?
>
> as far as i know this is not possible in JCR.

Not directly, but AFAIK there is nothing stopping you from making changes to
a parent (non-versionable) node which will change the effective permissions
on that versionable. I would consider redoing the design so the structure
matches your security model, so then you don't need to worry about the ACLs
on each of your versionables.  Worst case you could put all of your
versionables in individual non-versionable containers, but that feels dirty.