jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Colin Greene <CGre...@datamasking.com>
Subject RE: Access Control for stand alone server
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 12:38:52 GMT
Thanks for the info Mark :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Herman [mailto:MHerman@NBME.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 4:21 PM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Re: Access Control for stand alone server

Unfortunately I don't believe you have an option with the standalone server.
Although they don't specifically say it in the drawbacks [1] (maybe should),
I don't think any of the remote access methods implement the access control
functionality.  See [2] and [3] for the progress on rmi and webdav.

You will need to use one of the other methods they suggest.

Besides the jcr2 spec and javadocs, here is something to get you started
with acls [4]

[1]
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/standalone-server.html#StandaloneServer-Drawbacks
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCRRMI-26