jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Colin Greene <CGre...@datamasking.com>
Subject Access Control for stand alone server
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 18:07:54 GMT
Hi,

I am working on a desktop application that is storing versioned, custom node types in a jackrabbit
repository. This has been developed and seems to be working as expected using just the jackrabbit-standalone
server (as we do not have any other web server/application for our environment at the moment).

I have been able to switch over the SimpleAccessManger to the DefaultAccessManager and now
have a rep:policy created on the root node by default, however, when I go to use setPolicy(),
via RMI,  I get an UnsupportedRepositoryOperationException (This method is not implemented
yet).
Just wondering if there are plans to implement setPolicy (and related methods) for the ClientAccessControlManager.
Alternatively, any recommendation on how to proceed? If I am not able to use the stand alone
server, then do I have to integrate jackrabbit with Tomcat or the like to use a setPolicy
that can work with an access control manager?
Also, can someone point me to documentation/examples on setting up and using access manager?
Thanks,
Colin Greene