jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to register a custom node type as versionable ?
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 13:37:09 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 1:46 PM, baxxt3r <catalin.anghel@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is that in magnolia cms, mix:versionable had some problems
> which slowed the system and they decided to use mix:referenceable instead.

If I understand the Magnolia implementation correctly, they
implemented their own versioning mechanism on the application level.
That's a valid approach, especially if you need a more complex or
flexible versioning model than the one provided by the JCR spec.
However, when you do that, you can't use the JCR versioning tools to
manage versionable content.

> What i cannot understand is why the node type mgnl:content which has
> mix:versionable and nt:hierarchyNode as supertypes works fine and has
> version... And shouldn't mgnl:product inherit from mgnl:content?

That's a question probably best addressed to the Magnolia community.

BR,

Jukka Zitting