jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cpu load issues with 2.3.6
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 19:42:28 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM, Christian Stocker
<christian.stocker@liip.ch> wrote:
> After looking at it further, it's mainly the
>
> LOCK
> PUT
> REPORT
>
> which is the culprit. The PUT request changes the list of referenced
> nodes in one node, and the REPORT request tries to resolve one of the
> referenced UUIDs to an absolute path. It's a bug in the PHP Library
> Jackalope that it makes that REPORT call at al (which we will get rid of
> soon), but I guess, jackalope shouldn't end up using 100% CPU, if
> someone does that.

Yep. From the thread dump posted by Lukas it looks like the culprit
here is the appliesToResource() lock computation done by the
TxLockManagerImpl class in jackrabbit-webdav. The method makes a wrong
assumption about the return value of the Text.getRelativeParent()
utility method, and ends up in an infinite loop. Can you file a bug
report for this? It should be fairly easy to fix in time for 2.4.1.

BR,

Jukka Zitting