jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: cpu load issues with 2.3.6
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 14:27:51 GMT

On Feb 16, 2012, at 12:02 , Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Lukas Kahwe Smith <mls@pooteeweet.org> wrote:
>> just wanted to check if anyone else is seeing issues with 2.3.6 (or later).
>> we are using Jackrabbit standalone in a 2 node cluster.
>> we are frequently seeing one node in the cluster using 100% CPU.
>
> I don't recall such issues. Getting a few thread dumps of a process in
> such a state should help identify what's keeping it busy.

here it is:
http://pastie.org/private/jyorgp7qyhchckiyfzja

just FYI, we have a very similar configuration in production using jackrabbit 2.3.1 with our
old getNodes() patch, where we do not have this issue. well we do see the CPU load increasing
there as well .. but at a much much much slower pace to the point where its not a concern
for us.

so it seems to be caused by something that was done between 2.3.1 and 2.3.6

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org