jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Anton Bachevsky <...@ciklum.com>
Subject Re: AW: Jackrabbit indexing in a separate thread
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:17:02 GMT
Hi,

Thank you for answers.
By the way, does server hardware configuration influences much on
Jackrabbit performance?
In our case we have 400 Gb repository, the average simultaneous amount
of people using Jackrabbit is 25. And the configuration of server is the
following:
OS: Windows Server 2008 64-bit
CPU: Intel Xeon 5140 2.33 GHz dual core
RAM: 4 Gb (normally 1.5 - 0.5 GB is free when our application is working)

One more note, the server is a Vitual Machine.

Do you think it is enough, if not maybe that is one of possible reasons
why sometimes the application does not respond for long periods of time?

Regards,
Anton

> Hi,
>
> A shared deploymend model is absolutly ok. It depends of course on your global architecture.
> It should not be normal that jackrabbit hangs on startup but it could be happen.
>
> If you use a Repository-Server deployment model i think you have also a problem if the
Server hangs ;-)