jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Christian Stocker <christian.stoc...@liip.ch>
Subject Re: cpu load issues with 2.3.6
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 19:54:10 GMT
Hi

On 20.02.12 20:42, Jukka Zitting wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 6:51 PM, Christian Stocker
> <christian.stocker@liip.ch> wrote:
>> After looking at it further, it's mainly the
>>
>> LOCK
>> PUT
>> REPORT
>>
>> which is the culprit. The PUT request changes the list of referenced
>> nodes in one node, and the REPORT request tries to resolve one of the
>> referenced UUIDs to an absolute path. It's a bug in the PHP Library
>> Jackalope that it makes that REPORT call at al (which we will get rid of
>> soon), but I guess, jackalope shouldn't end up using 100% CPU, if
>> someone does that.
>
> Yep. From the thread dump posted by Lukas it looks like the culprit
> here is the appliesToResource() lock computation done by the
> TxLockManagerImpl class in jackrabbit-webdav. The method makes a wrong
> assumption about the return value of the Text.getRelativeParent()
> utility method, and ends up in an infinite loop. Can you file a bug
> report for this? It should be fairly easy to fix in time for 2.4.1.

Thanks for the update, will file an issue in jira (maybe only tomorrow).

Thanks to that bug in jackrabbit, I found a performance issue in
Jackalope, which I now got rid of (that REPORT wasn't needed after all),
so the issue is not an emergency issue for us right now. But of course
are still glad, if it's fixed soon :)

chregu