jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Christian Stocker <christian.stoc...@liip.ch>
Subject Re: cpu load issues with 2.3.6
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 17:51:29 GMT
Hi

After looking at it further, it's mainly the

LOCK
PUT
REPORT

which is the culprit. The PUT request changes the list of referenced
nodes in one node, and the REPORT request tries to resolve one of the
referenced UUIDs to an absolute path. It's a bug in the PHP Library
Jackalope that it makes that REPORT call at al (which we will get rid of
soon), but I guess, jackalope shouldn't end up using 100% CPU, if
someone does that.

Greetings

chregu

On 20.02.12 16:22, Christian Stocker wrote:
> Hi
>
> I discovered the same issue (on the same project as lukas, but on a
> totally different task). It has nothing to do with clustering, but with
> adding and removing references to a Weak Reference Multi-Value property
> within the same session.
>
> In PHPCR/Jackalope, I do the following:
> ***
> // remove the weakreference property if one was there
> $m->setProperty("refs",null);
> $session->save();
>
> //add some references
> $m->setProperty("refs",$refs,10);
> $session->save();
>
> //remove one and set the others again
> array_pop($refs);
> $m->setProperty("refs",$refs,10);
> $session->save();
> ***
>
> If I do the last setProperty() with a new session, then it works.
>
> On the HTTP level it looks like this:
>
> https://gist.github.com/1869626
>
> The last REPORT (where we try to resolve the UUID to a path), it hangs.
>
> (I actually don't know, why there's a REPORT there, I have to dig into
> that, but the fact that it stops is nevertheless a bad sign)
>
> Any help is really appreciated
>
> chregu
>

> On 16.02.12 15:27, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 16, 2012, at 12:02 , Jukka Zitting wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> I don't recall such issues. Getting a few thread dumps of a process in
>>> such a state should help identify what's keeping it busy.
>>

>> here it is:
>> http://pastie.org/private/jyorgp7qyhchckiyfzja
>>
>> just FYI, we have a very similar configuration in production using jackrabbit 2.3.1
with our old getNodes() patch, where we do not have this issue. well we do see the CPU load
increasing there as well .. but at a much much much slower pace to the point where its not
a concern for us.