jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Christian Stocker <christian.stoc...@liip.ch>
Subject Re: cpu load issues with 2.3.6
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:22:46 GMT
Hi

I discovered the same issue (on the same project as lukas, but on a
totally different task). It has nothing to do with clustering, but with
adding and removing references to a Weak Reference Multi-Value property
within the same session.

In PHPCR/Jackalope, I do the following:
***
// remove the weakreference property if one was there
$m->setProperty("refs",null);
$session->save();

//add some references
$m->setProperty("refs",$refs,10);
$session->save();

//remove one and set the others again
array_pop($refs);
$m->setProperty("refs",$refs,10);
$session->save();
***

If I do the last setProperty() with a new session, then it works.

On the HTTP level it looks like this:

https://gist.github.com/1869626

The last REPORT (where we try to resolve the UUID to a path), it hangs.

(I actually don't know, why there's a REPORT there, I have to dig into
that, but the fact that it stops is nevertheless a bad sign)

Any help is really appreciated

chregu

On 16.02.12 15:27, Lukas Kahwe Smith wrote:

> On Feb 16, 2012, at 12:02 , Jukka Zitting wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Lukas Kahwe Smith <mls@pooteeweet.org> wrote:
>>> just wanted to check if anyone else is seeing issues with 2.3.6 (or later).
>>> we are using Jackrabbit standalone in a 2 node cluster.
>>> we are frequently seeing one node in the cluster using 100% CPU.
>>
>> I don't recall such issues. Getting a few thread dumps of a process in
>> such a state should help identify what's keeping it busy.
>

> here it is:
> http://pastie.org/private/jyorgp7qyhchckiyfzja
>
> just FYI, we have a very similar configuration in production using jackrabbit 2.3.1 with
our old getNodes() patch, where we do not have this issue. well we do see the CPU load increasing
there as well .. but at a much much much slower pace to the point where its not a concern
for us.

--
Liip AG  //  Feldstrasse 133 //  CH-8004 Zurich
Tel +41 43 500 39 81 // Mobile +41 76 561 88 60