jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Node naming
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 19:15:00 GMT
On 2012-02-17 18:02, mslama@email.cz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just realized following behaviour in node naming when I use the same node name for
children. Say I have 2 nodes with the same name. Then Jackrabbit uses following path to distinguish
them: /path/node and /path/node[1]. If I delete first node '/path/node' then node originally
with absolute path '/path/node[1]' will now have absolute path '/path/node'.

> It means I cannot use path '/path/node[1]' to locate second node. I must use either jcr:uuid
or use unique node names for my nodes

> Am I right?

The first one should be available as both node and node[1]; the second
one as node[2]. Until you delete the first, of course.

Best regards, Julian