jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ingomar Otter <ingomar.ot...@valtech.de>
Subject Question about event ordering
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 20:01:00 GMT
Hello,
I am currently building a simple replication between two Jackrabbit instances. I've started
off using (synchronous) Observers/Events but I am facing some challenges due to
the (intresting?) event order.
E.g. I add a file (using webdav) I see the following events (in that order):
> PROPERTY_ADDED,2@4376:	/Somefile.png/jcr:content/jcr:data
> PROPERTY_ADDED,1@4377:	/Somefile.png/jcr:content/jcr:mimeType
> PROPERTY_ADDED,7@4378:	/Somefile.png/jcr:content/jcr:primaryType
> PROPERTY_ADDED,5@4379:	/Somefile.png/jcr:content/jcr:lastModified
> PROPERTY_ADDED,5@4380:	/Somefile.png/jcr:created
> NODE_ADDED@4381:			/Somefile.png/jcr:content
> PROPERTY_ADDED,1@4382:	/Somefile.png/jcr:createdBy
> PROPERTY_ADDED,7@4383:	/Somefile.png/jcr:primaryType
> NODE_ADDED@4384			:/Somefile.png

Of course I can not replay the events in that order as some parent nodes may be missing. I
could re-order them but then this would at least require some "unit of work" demarcation as
I operate on stream of events (and thus need to cluster/chunk) the events.
Is there a reason why the events are emitted in 'reverse' order (I would assume per API the
node was created first)?
Is there a way to influence this?

Afaik PERSIST (event bundling) is work-in-progress in unstable, would that be a candidate
as Unit-Of-Work marker?

Cheers,
 Ingomar