jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Mark Herman <MHer...@NBME.org>
Subject Re: Node naming
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:32:36 GMT
First of all sns are pretty tricky and usually not recommended unless really
needed [0].  As I recall the array worked like a stack, last in, first out
when referencing without the array index, so that means the entire array
shifts when you do that. See also [1] and [2].

Yes you are right, but I'd suggest avoiding them entirely if possible. If
you don't already know, you can accomplish that by using a node type that
has sns disabled (custom, or a default one like nt:folder).

[0]
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel#Rule_.234:_Beware_of_Same_Name_Siblings.
[1] http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/22_Same-Name_Siblings.html
[2] http://www.day.com/specs/jcr/2.0/23_Orderable_Child_Nodes.html