jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From binoy mathew <binoymath...@gmail.com>
Subject Load Balancing JackRabbit repository server
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 09:30:42 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to set up a Jack Rabbit Repository Server (deployment model 3).
I have been partially successful, in that, I have been able to get the
webdav repository by doing this in application code -
Repository repository = JcrUtils.getRepository(
"http://127.0.0.1:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-2.2.10/server" );
This works just fine.

But an additional requirement has come along to load balance the repository
servers.

So I have a Spring ers server which is configured to send requests to a
Spring TC instance.
Thus, in my httpsd.conf, I have the following -
<VirtualHost *:16000>
	ServerName abc.def.com
	ProxyPreserveHost On
	ProxyPass /jackrabbit-webapp-2.2.10
http://127.0.0.1:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-2.2.10/
	ProxyPassReverse /jackrabbit-webapp-2.2.10
http://127.0.0.1:8080/jackrabbit-webapp-2.2.10/
</VirtualHost>

with abc.def.com mapped to localhost in my hosts file.

In my application code, I use the following code to get a reference to the
webdav Repository.

repository = JcrUtils.getRepository(
"http://abc.def.com:16000/jackrabbit-webapp-2.2.10/server" );
However, I get a RepositoryException at this point. An extract of the stack
trace is attached
http://jackrabbit.510166.n4.nabble.com/file/n4396763/Apache_JCR_RepositoryException.txt
Apache_JCR_RepositoryException.txt .

I am pretty new to JackRabbit, would be very grateful for some clues about
how to go about this.

Thanks,
Binoy Mathew