jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Mark Herman <MHer...@NBME.org>
Subject Re: Re: Re: Any way how to remove node lock?
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 16:16:28 GMT
I tried using locks for my application, but ultimately had to take them out.
Using admin seemed to solve my problems, but it was not an option to hard
code admin credentials to create new sessions when needed to address them.

Locks in Jackrabbit seem a bit too "serious" (perhaps not JR's fault but
JCR).  It would be nice if you could at least grant access to override locks
without a lock token.

For my application I eventually stopped using locking and implemented the
functionality i needed in my layer above JR.  Luckily for me, that is a
single java api so it was pretty easy, maybe it's an option for you.