jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Hylton Peimer <Hylton.Pei...@aternity.com>
Subject Connecting external UI browsers to Jackrabbit
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2012 17:45:35 GMT
I've got an embedded Jackrabbit instance running.

I successfully connect JCR Controller (http://weertj.home.xs4all.nl/jcr/) using the RMI connection:
  rmi://127.0.0.1:3344/myservice   (where myservice is the name of my RMI service).

I wanted to try JCR Explorer (http://www.jcr-explorer.org/).

This seems to require the RMI be over an HTTP protocol. It doesn't accept the "rmi://" style
address.

If this is correct, what is the easiest way to setup this type of connection?

I have a Tomcat instance (separate JVM) and have tried deploying jackrabbit-webapp. I configured
web-inf/web.xml with the following change:

<init-param>

            <param-name>rmi-uri</param-name>

            <param-value> rmi://127.0.0.1:3344/myservice </param-value>

            <description>The URI for the RMI connection.</description>

        </init-param>

I am able to access the jackrabbit-app, it is deployed. But I can't access my repositories.

What am I doing wrong?