jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: Bulk load of several nodes
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2012 12:51:14 GMT

On Jan 16, 2012, at 13:46 , Kevin Müller wrote:

> Thanks for your answer Alex.
>
> "No, there will be one query. This acts against the lucene search index.
> For each result (= row = node) based on the search index, the node be
> loaded (= fetched from the persistence manager).
> That last step can be done lazily - i.e. only a number X of results is
> fetched at the beginning, the rest will be fetched when you iterate that
> far through the results (see resultFetchSize [0])."
>
> The second step is what I was talking about, not the Lucene query but the SQL query that
fetches the actual data for each node (I'm using a DatabasePersistenceManager). One separate
query is executed for each result node.

> "Now for the nodes itself: if you use a bundle persistence manager, nodes
> are stored as "node bundle" which consist of all properties (except for
> larger binaries in the data store). Thus if a node is fetched from the
> persistence manager, it will already have all properties in-memory."
>
> Yes, that means I can get all properties of ONE node in ONE database query but I still
can't get properties of N nodes in ONE query. If we communicate with a non local database
and we get like 100 search results this could be quite a speedup I imagine ...

checkout http://java.net/jira/browse/JSR_333-38

the necessary changes have already been applied in Jackrabbit 2.3.x

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org