jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject improving lucene integration
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2012 10:11:13 GMT
Hi,

I am very happy with Jackrabbit overall, but I dearly miss many Lucene/Solr features, especially
facetting (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-3134) and search time field boosting
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-3204). For facetting I actually think this should
be added to JSR-333 (http://java.net/projects/jsr-333/lists/dev/archive/2011-12/message/3)
with possible inspiration from the HippoCMS version of Jackrabbit. Search time boosting however
probably would be beyond the scope of the JCR spec.

Now the question I have is if there is any recommendation on how to best get such a feature
added if I myself do not have the expertise to make it happen. Have there been "bounties"
collected for features in the past in Jackrabbit. Or are there other Apache projects that
have worked with bounties?

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org