jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Pontus Amberg <pontus.amb...@milso.se>
Subject Using Jackrabbit deployed as JCA+Webapp on JBoss 6
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2011 12:32:15 GMT
Hi

I've deployed Jackrabbit as a combination of JCA+Webapp as described
here http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JackrabbitOnJBoss . I've also
updated the repository.xml to use an existing domain already configured
in jboss login-config.xml as described here
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JackrabbitOnJbossSecurity. I have
encountered 2 problems so far with this setup that I haven't found any
solution to

1. Accessing the repository remotely through the webapp and
Jcr2davRepositoryFactory don't work since I end up with a LoginException
where the "CallbackHandler" doesn't support "NameCallback" . This seems
to be a known problem ( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1584 )

2. The repository shutdowns immediately when there's no active sessions.
This also seems to be a known "problem"/feature.

Is there any solution/work around to these two problems? I know that one
way to prevent the shutdown is to create an extra dummy session but I
really dislike that solution.

/Pontus