jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: WebDAV, surpressing XML parsing
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 10:53:12 GMT
hi ingomar

the jackrabbit webdav server allows to configure how new
resources are mapped to the underlying JCR content structured.
those are 'importhandler' implementations that are defined
in the resource config that comes with the servlet.

by default the complete set of handlers is activated including
one that extracts zip-files and creates jcr items from the
elements in an xml file.

in order to change that behavior by editing the resource config
and commenting/removing those iohandlers (and property handlers)
that you don't need.

if i remember correctly the file to look for is called config.xml
by default... somewhere in the web.xml and
org.apache.jackrabbit.server.io.XmlHandler
was the handler to get rid of.

hope that helps
angela

On 12/7/11 11:41 AM, Ingomar Otter wrote:
> Folks,
> I want to use WebDAV to store simple XML-liek document. It seems that through WebDAV,
Jackrabbit actually parses the XML and creates
> a JCR node structure out of the XML. Although this may be fine in some applications,
I am looking for a simple "store the file" behaviour.
> On top of that, storing seems to fail if an invalid XML document is POSTed to the WebDAV
servlet. How can I surpress this behaviour?
> I've tried different content-types for no avail.
> I've tried to locate the parts in question in the source but as I am new to Jackrabbit
I couldn't locate it.