jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Manav Kumar <manav_dun...@yahoo.com>
Subject Performance improvement in case JCR content repository connected through WebDav
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2011 09:34:31 GMT
Hi all,

I am currently using content repository based on JCR 2.2.9.
I want to connect to this repository via WebDav connector.
I was able to connect to this through WebDav and was even able to perform different repository
operations through it but the problem is its performance.
As compared to RMI it is very slow.
I tried to fine tune its performance through item cache info and batch read depth but the
improvement is not so significant.
When I tried to compare the console logs of both RMI and WebDav I found out that for the same
request number of Log In Log out for WebDav is much greater than compared to number of Log
In Log out in case of RMI.As I am using authentication while login through my own configured
AccessManager and LoginModule that uses a web service for doing so, I think login so many
time is a big overhead.(May be the problem can be somewhere else but this seems to me as the
problem).
Can anyone help me in this regard ?
Please help.

Manav