jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Mark Herman <MHer...@NBME.org>
Subject Re: Multiple backends with Jackrabbit
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 15:15:06 GMT

gaurav gehlot wrote

> Hi,
>
> I am new to Jackrabbit and wanted to clear one doubt I had. Can I use
> multiple backends at the same time with Jackrabbit. e.g. I want to
> store the text files in a MySQL backend and binary data in Amazon S3.
> I think Jackrabbit comes with plugins for both of them but I wanted to
> check if both of them can be somehow used at the same time.
>
> Thanks,
> Gaurav

I've never done it before, but it should be possible with two workspaces.
Each can be configured with their own persistence manager.  If you're
application needs to both txt and bin files at the same time, i think you
will need to login twice and manage both sessions.  You may be able to use
workspace.clone() to avoid that though.