jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: version creation using httpclient
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 07:26:59 GMT

On Nov 21, 2011, at 08:22 , parvez12 wrote:

> As a feedback, In webdav implementations of jackrabbit checkout
> method, we should be able to pass a version name that will get
> created.
> When the method is executed we should know get the information about
> the URL of  version of created.
> There should be simple webdav methods for creating, restoring, a
> specific version. The labelmethod and reportmethod are useless.

The davex API in general wasn't really optimized for minimizing HTTP roundtrips. During the
implementation of Jackrabbit binding inside Jackalope PHPCR implementation we stumbled over
this in a few places and have provided patches that are trickling into Jackrabbit 2.3.x

So in general I can just recommend to identify the places that you feel are inefficient and
provide patches.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org