jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Justin Edelson <jus...@justinedelson.com>
Subject Re: jackrabbit - the best solution for our requirements?????
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2011 02:23:13 GMT
Hi Pedro,

2011/11/19 Pedro Vilaça <pedro.vilaca@alert-online.com>:
> Thanks Justin.
>
> I will try to find some consulting services.

It shouldn't be hard.

> However, I can try to explain our problems and doubts. As far as I know,
> the jackrabbit is commonly used for application that hold a lot of
> content/data (correct me if I’m wrong). We use the artifactory, and I know
> that it uses the jackrabbit.

I think that's more or less correct, although I'm sure that if you
asked 5 people what "a lot of content/data" was, you'd get 5 different
answers )

> We are trying to build an application that will contain a lot of data, but
> also export some catalogs, have a rich interface to explore and insert the
> content, expose web services to other clients check if they have the most
> recent catalog and if not, download the new version.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "catalog" and it sounds like you mean
something very specific.

In general, Jackrabbit is a good data store for richly hierarchical
content which is semi-structured. If a "catalog" is some kind of
collection of content in that the catalog can be said to contain the
catalog, then I think Jackrabbit may be a good fit.

Justin