jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Francisco Carriedo Scher <fcarrie...@gmail.com>
Subject Exception when operating through load balancer
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 21:49:12 GMT
Hi there,

i have a clustered JR environment and i operate it from the Java side
through Webdav. I have deployed three servers that operate in cluster and
everything went fine until i tried to add a load balancing / fault
tolerance feature to the design. I am using Nginx as load balancer with the
webdav module and, despite obtaining correctly the Repository object, some
operations fail with the following exception:

*javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Request Entity Too Large
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2dav.**ExceptionConverter.generate(**
ExceptionConverter.java:113)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.spi2dav.**ExceptionConverter.generate(**
ExceptionConverter.java:49)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.**spi2davex.**RepositoryServiceImpl$**
BatchImpl.start(**RepositoryServiceImpl.java:**457)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.**spi2davex.**RepositoryServiceImpl$**
BatchImpl.access$200(**RepositoryServiceImpl.java:**399)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.**spi2davex.**RepositoryServiceImpl.submit(**
RepositoryServiceImpl.java:**304)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.**WorkspaceManager$**
OperationVisitorImpl.execute(**WorkspaceManager.java:830)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.**WorkspaceManager$**
OperationVisitorImpl.access$**500(WorkspaceManager.java:797)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.**WorkspaceManager.execute(**
WorkspaceManager.java:594)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.**state.SessionItemStateManager.**
save(SessionItemStateManager.**java:139)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.**ItemImpl.save(ItemImpl.java:**246)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.**SessionImpl.save(SessionImpl.**
java:328)
    at com.solaiemes.filerepository.**management.**EmbeddableFileManager.**
deleteItem(**EmbeddableFileManager.java:**248)
    at com.solaiemes.filerepository.**management.**EmbeddableFileManager.**
importFile(**EmbeddableFileManager.java:**469)
    at com.solaiemes.filerepository.**management.**EmbeddableFileManager.**
saveFile(**EmbeddableFileManager.java:80)
    at com.solaiemes.filerepository.**management.RepoShell.main(**
RepoShell.java:87)
Caused by: org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.**DavException: Request Entity Too
Large
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.**client.methods.DavMethodBase.**
getResponseException(**DavMethodBase.java:172)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.webdav.**client.methods.DavMethodBase.**
checkSuccess(DavMethodBase.**java:181)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.**spi2davex.**RepositoryServiceImpl$**
BatchImpl.start(**RepositoryServiceImpl.java:**453)
    ... 12 more
*
Uploading file operation fails and the initial guessing was that uploading
files through webdav needs multiple HTTP requests and the load balancer
would forward each of those to a different repository server. With little
files (some bytes) and with operations that include just reading it seems
to work correctly. I added session affinity (sticky session) support to
Nginx and recompiled it but the same error persists.

Can somebody tell me if my guessing was correct and the error is related to
the question i suggested?

Thanks in advance for your attention!