jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Herman" <MHer...@NBME.org>
Subject RE: Conntecting to a invm jcr from another program
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:20:39 GMT
Looks like you'll want to use either webdav (davex) or RMI.  In theory they
should provide the same functionality with the same advantages/disadvantages
that apply to http vs rmi.  In practice they do not quite fully implement the
jcr api, so certain new or advanced tasks will throw a not supported
exception.  Most basic use is implemented, just stuff like access control,
node type administration, XATransactions aren't available in webdav.
(Disclaimer some of my information may be a release or two old, so there may
be some recent improvements)

[1]
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/api/2.2/org/apache/jackrabbit/commons/JcrUtils.h
tml
[2]
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/standalone-server.html#StandaloneServer-WebDAVac
cess
[3] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/jackrabbit-jcr-rmi.html
[4] http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/RemoteAccess

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Pfaff [mailto:kevin.pfaff@byteconsult.de]
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2011 2:59 AM
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: Conntecting to a invm jcr from another program

Hello,

I have a program which uses Jackrabbit InVm, now a want to do a backup of all
the data every hour without switching the other program off or copying the
repository.
I donĀ“t want to backup all the data together, I want to do it for the nodes I
say separately (like I can do with the Xml export exportSystemView()).
The problem I have is how can I make the backup-program connect to the InVm
jcr of the other program.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Kevin

Behalten Sie die Zukunft von Marketing und IT im Blick. Abonnieren Sie
unseren Newsletter unter http://newsletter.byteconsult.de