jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Mark Herman <MHer...@NBME.org>
Subject Re: Trouble enforcing read-write ACL to Jackrabbit users on versionable nodes
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 21:58:00 GMT

amar.deka@gmail.com wrote

> a) is there a way I enable normal users to modify versionable nodes?

Went through this recently. It is a known issue [1].  I have resorted to
granting jcr:read and jcr:versionManagement at the root level, then denying
them where we have secure content.

amar.deka@gmail.com wrote

> b) is there a way to create multiple admin users in jackrabbit (pointers,
> wiki, code snippet)?

I could be wrong, but I don't think it is possible.  I was thinking just the
other day that it would be nice if it was an admin group that could be
controlled.   On the other hand my reasons for wanting it that way are
really because of issues with JR's security implementation (such as admin
being only one allowed to clean up non-session scoped locks).