jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From jsmarks <jma...@salo.com>
Subject JCR_SQL2 joins
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 18:01:49 GMT
Since XPATH is deprecated, I'm trying to learn SQL2 using the data from the
auto populate function off the home page.

Since there are three different primary node types (nt:file, nt:folder,
nt:resource) in the resulting repository, I can't use a single primary node
type in the SQL2. Unfortunately, when I try:

select * from [nt:folder] as fo left outer join [nt:file] as fi on
isdescendantnode(fi, fo)

the error is "This query result contains more than one selector". Trying fo
or fi in place of * tells me I need to supply a selector name.

I conclude from this that one can't query for more than one primary node
type. Am I missing something?

It does not help that I've been unable to find many examples.