I was trying to understand the configuration going through the wiki but could not understand the following things. I know how to configure FileSystem and PersistenceManager i.e passing what parameters will that configuration work and stuff, I understood from wiki but here are some things that I am not able to figure out:

1)      In Repostory node – do we need FileSystem ocnfiguratoin if we chose to configure DataStore. What sort of data from repository standpoint will be stored in FileSystem if have this entry in repository.xml.

    <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem">

        <param name="url" value="jdbc:h2:tcp://localhost:9001,localhost:9002/db"/>

        <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="fs_"/>

        <param name="user" value="sa"/>

        <param name="password" value="sa"/>

    </FileSystem>

2)      Also if we go into workspace and version, wiki says the following relation:

·  FileSystem: The virtual file system passed to the persistence manager and search index.

·  PersistenceManager: Persistence configuration for workspace content.

2.1) Does this mean that we always need to give <FileSystem/> configuration in <workspace /> and <versioning />?

2.2) Even if we mention the configuration – is the file system going to maintain all data/content that the PersistenceManager related dataStore has?

2.3) Let us assume that I have used a LocalFileSystem as configuration, if I remove file system related data from local file system and database still has content – will CMS be able to get

Data from database and repopulate whatever data is present in local file system.

2.4) What is most performance combination – LocalFileSystem and DBPersistenceManager  OR DatabaseFileSsytem and DBPersistenceManager?

Appreciate your help in above questions.

Thanks,

Rama Kesara

Software Engineer

Art.com

Phone: (510) 879-4831

Fax: (510) 588-3930

art.com, inc

art.com

allposters.com

artist

If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy the original e-mail and its attachments without reading or saving them. This e-mail and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain confidential or privileged information that is prohibited from disclosure under confidentiality agreement or applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any of the information contained in or attached to this e-mail is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Thank you.