jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ardaman Grewal <ardamangre...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it possible to have multiple repositories in one web app?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 15:40:52 GMT
I am trying to design and implement a version-able document system that is
meant for multiple subscribers of the system. Data for each subscriber has
to be isolated from each other. A Web app will provide REST API for the
client applications to access data. Web app will also handle some of the
security and subscription aspects of the subscribing users. I have been
considering Jackrabbit for data management and versioning backed by a
relational database. For the web app, thinking of hosting it in Tomcat.
Hopefully, the following figure comes through properly formatted. In case it
doesn't, it shows a web app which layers a REST api on top of multiple
(separate) JR repositories.

Is this a correct approach? Is Jackrabbit intended to be used like this or
am I in the weeds? Any other suggestions.

Thank you very much.

                                    +-----------+
                                    |           |
                +------+            |           |
+--------------+
        +------>|Repo A|<---------->|    Web    |<--------> | Subscriber A

        |       +------+            |    App    |           +--------------+
        |                           |  Exposes  |
        |                           |    REST   |           +--------------+
        |       +------+            |    Svcs   |<--------> | Subscriber B |
       \|/
    | one or more|