jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "De Georges, Adrien" <Adrien.DeGeor...@experian.com>
Subject RE: FineGrainedISMLocking implementation for concurrent access.
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 08:02:40 GMT
Hi guys,

Please reconsider this email as we are stuck with this problem.
It will help greatly, if you have any idea.

Thanks,
Adrien

-----Original Message-----
From: Sessa, Romain [mailto:Romain.Sessa@experian.com]
Sent: 03 October 2011 13:50
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Subject: RE: FineGrainedISMLocking implementation for concurrent access.

Hi and thanks for this quick answer,

We are storing heavy objects in the repository which have plenty of sub
nodes. And we are trying to manage concurrent read/write access to some
of these nodes.
>From a functional point of view, these nodes are representing business
objects and can be modified (removed) and read at the same time by
different users.
>From a technical aspect, we are some problems when a thread is trying to
read the node as another one is removing it (some exceptions are
triggered).
Our goal is to put in place a concurrent access managing system. The
idea is to prevent a thread to read and write a node while another one
is editing it.
So if there is any solution to fit with our needs, please advice.

Thanks

Regards

Romain SESSA
Romain.Sessa@experian.com