jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Rama Kesara" <RKes...@art.com>
Subject Regarding configuratoin in repository.xml
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 23:51:43 GMT
I was trying to understand the configuration going through the wiki but
could not understand the following things. I know how to configure
FileSystem and PersistenceManager i.e passing what parameters will that
configuration work and stuff, I understood from wiki but here are some
things that I am not able to figure out:

1)      In Repostory node - do we need FileSystem ocnfiguratoin if we
chose to configure DataStore. What sort of data from repository
standpoint will be stored in FileSystem if have this entry in

    <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.db.DbFileSystem">

        <param name="url"

        <param name="schemaObjectPrefix" value="fs_"/>

        <param name="user" value="sa"/>

        <param name="password" value="sa"/>

2)      Also if we go into workspace and version, wiki says the
following relation:

*  FileSystem
nfiguration-Filesystemconfiguration> : The virtual file system passed to
the persistence manager and search index.

*  PersistenceManager
nfiguration-Persistenceconfiguration> : Persistence configuration for
workspace content.

2.1) Does this mean that we always need to give <FileSystem/>
configuration in <workspace /> and <versioning />?

2.2) Even if we mention the configuration - is the file system going to
maintain all data/content that the PersistenceManager related dataStore

2.3) Let us assume that I have used a LocalFileSystem as configuration,
if I remove file system related data from local file system and database
still has content - will CMS be able to get

Data from database and repopulate whatever data is present in local file

2.4) What is most performance combination - LocalFileSystem and
DBPersistenceManager  OR DatabaseFileSsytem and DBPersistenceManager?

Appreciate your help in above questions.

Rama Kesara

Software Engineer

Phone: (510) 879-4831

Fax: (510) 588-3930

If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the
sender by reply e-mail and destroy the original e-mail and its
attachments without reading or saving them. This e-mail and any
documents, files or previous e-mail messages attached to it, may contain
confidential or privileged information that is prohibited from
disclosure under confidentiality agreement or applicable law. If you are
not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any of the information
contained in or attached to this e-mail is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Thank